Thursday, March 22, 2012

Reflection to Much Ado About Nothing

Dear May Dup,

I recently saw Much Ado About Nothing, and I really enjoyed it.

The acting was good- I noticed that both Claudius and Beatrice were great- they acted even when they weren't talking and I could really see them as their characters. The set was also nice. It was subtle but intriguing and the way the actors interacted with their surroundings was joyful and fun.

I especially liked the plot, and I was surprised at how easy it was for me to follow it during the performance. Maybe it was the pre-preformance workshop, maybe the acting was much better than I expected, but many details about the play fell into place, and I didn't develop many major questions. I loved seeing a comedy- because the only other Shakespeare plays I was familiar with were tragedies such as Macbeth, and Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet and I haven't really known many comedies since just this year as we preform A Midsummers Night Dream in drama and now Much Ado About Nothing.

I'll be sure to see more of Shakespeare's comedies in the future,  but until then,

Sadie  

No comments:

Post a Comment